5 Fast Facts About Katrina:
- I have listened to victims of tornadoes, cholera, fire, and war, which are recorded in my books.
- My husband Marnell and I met January 23, 2016 at a women’s conference! (He was running sound and I was leading a workshop.)
- I have two birthdays, legal and real. When I was born in Goshen, Indiana, Dr. Abel wrote 5-23-1982 on my birth certificate. The date was June 23, but no one noticed his mistake until we went to get my driver’s permit.
- When I was a teenager, I crocheted doilies and sold them at the farmer’s market in Wausau, WI.
- I have touched a beating human heart. See my reflections here!
Highlighting God's work Through Stories of Survival
Since my husband and I are looking forward to being parents for the first time in May 2021, you will see my blog topics morph. I am also entering the world of children’s book writing with a series of books based on my childhood adventure story-telling.
- I write about Brady Street, beggars, boy boarders (fall 2019) and the occasional bullets. My husband and I live in a neighborhood many would call broken. A knock on the door often means a request for money, a phone call, coffee creamer, or a ride to the doctor.
- I write about my own struggles with overeating and depression.
- Coming, beginning summer 2021 – The Brady Street Boys Midwest Adventure Series
- Book One: Trapped in the Tunnel
- Book Two: The International Fugitive
- Arrived October 2020 – From the White House to the Amish.
- Published 2011-2019: Cholera. Tornadoes. Fires. Faces of Syria. Voices of Syria. Captain Garrison.
Recent Blog Posts
- Official Announcement from Brady Street: It’s a Girl! May 2, 2021
- Week 38 – Snowflakes and Pear Blossoms April 24, 2021
- The Final Fate of the Duck April 17, 2021
- Hospitality and the Duck April 10, 2021
- What Did Jesus Really Tell the Disciples About the Cross? April 3, 2021