5 Fast Facts About Katrina:
- I have listened to victims of tornadoes, cholera, fire, and war, which are recorded in my books.
- My husband Marnell and I met January 23, 2016 at a women’s conference! (He was running sound and I was leading a workshop.)
- I have two birthdays, legal and real. When I was born in Goshen, Indiana, Dr. Abel wrote 5-23-1982 on my birth certificate. The date was June 23, but no one noticed his mistake until we went to get my driver’s permit.
- When I was a teenager, I crocheted doilies and sold them at the farmer’s market in Wausau, WI.
- I have touched a beating human heart. See my reflections here!
Highlighting God's work Through Stories of Survival
Satan would like to bring defeat, brokenness, and addiction, in my life and in the lives of my neighbors. As a Mennonite author and writer in the middle of Elkhart, Indiana, I listen to and share stories of survival, inspiring hope and compassion. Emmanuel, God With Us!
- I write about Brady Street, beggars, boy boarders (fall 2019) and the occasional bullets. My husband and I live in a neighborhood many would call broken. A knock on the door often means a request for money, a phone call, coffee creamer, or a ride to the doctor.
- I write about my own struggles with overeating and depression.
- 500 Words – ten podcasts drawing lessons from ten years as a published author. This series originated May 2020.
- Voices of Survival – A highly personal, subscription-only podcast where our neighbors share their stories and the things they have survived. See more here, or go directly to the site at this button.
Recent Blog Posts
- The Murky World of the Audiobook September 26, 2020
- Homesick for a Hayfield September 19, 2020
- The Childhood Memories Idea And A Sudden Plot Twist September 5, 2020
- Tom Kirkman Hears God’s Voice August 29, 2020
- Teamwork At A Family Gathering August 22, 2020