Subscribe to receive email newsletters
Katrina Hoover Lee
with her husband Marnell and daughter Anina
5 Fast Facts About Katrina
- I currently write fun and faith-filled middle grade adventures. But I have also interviewed victims of tornadoes, cholera, fire, and war, which are recorded in my other books.
- My husband Marnell and I met January 23, 2016 at a women’s conference! (He was running sound and I was leading a workshop.) We now have a daughter Anina, who “writes” her perspective on life in the Behind the Scenes Tuesday newsletter (see below).
- I have two birthdays, legal and real. When I was born in Goshen, Indiana, Dr. Abel wrote 5-23-1982 on my birth certificate. The date was June 23, but no one noticed his mistake until we went to get my driver’s permit.
- When I was a teenager, I crocheted doilies and sold them at the farmer’s market in Wausau, WI.
- I have touched a beating human heart. See my reflections here!
Let’s run with patience the race before us!
Making Something Inspirational
Courage and Cheer for the Christian Race
I have been creating stories for almost as long as I can remember. Growing up on a Mennonite produce farm, I created brothers Terry, Gary, and Larry, to help pass the time doing chores. I told stories about them to my brother as we weeded strawberries, thinned carrots, or cleaned fresh eggs.
As a teacher in Christian schools for eight years, I loved reading to my students at storytime. In 2008, I left teaching and went to nursing school.
For about a decade, as I worked as a nurse, I wrote books for adults. With a Mennonite publishing house, TGS International, I produced From the White House to the Amish, Blue Christmas, and Captain Garrison. I enjoyed traveling, researching, and interviewing for seven books. I also shared my life as a cardiac nurse and member of an inner-city Anabaptist church on my weekly blog.
Now my husband Marnell and I have a child of our own and I am returning to my own childhood by writing a children’s adventure series, in addition to a weekly blog post and Tuesday newsletter. Marnell and I live in an ethnically diverse urban neighborhood where we seek to join God’s work with our small Anabaptist church.
In 2022, I once again assisted TGS International, by interviewing the hostages kidnapped for 62 days by a Haitian gang. By focusing on this project for several busy months, I wrote the book, Kidnapped in Haiti.
Read Katrina's Stories
Finding Courage and Cheer in the Ever-Surprising Story of Ordinary Life
When “all around my soul gives way,” the Christian still has a hope and stay.
Jesus Christ is not some drab historical figure, but a Man who went toward suffering, not away from it.
From Katrina's Store
Kidnapped in Haiti
The amazing story of seventeen missionaries.
The Brady Street Boys
Fresh adventure series with old values: the fruit of the Spirit, Christian living, overcoming disability. Nine books are planned to match the nine fruit of the Spirit.
Trapped in the Tunnel
Beginning July 2021
Facing the Fugitive
Beginning July 2021
Noise in the Night
Tricked on the Tracks
Book Five, Rivals on the River
Summer of 2023
Book Six and Seven