Congrats to Jena Troyer Hammond for winning the random giveaway. She shared what she saw and heard as follows, a great snippet of our current life:
03/16/2020 1:50 PM I am standing in a half empty pasta aisle at Meijer. I overheard two women at the end of the aisle visiting. They were discussing how everything is shut down. As they parted ways one woman hollered back to the other, “Once this health crisis is past we need to get together and do something fun.”Jena Troyer Hammond
If you haven’t read the various comments on the original post, you can see them here. It’s a great read. Here’s another favorite from my former classmate, now cousin:
Friday afternoon. I waited until Derrick was home so I could run to Sam’s Club alone. I got there about 5:15. The checkout lines were long. Meat displays were empty. The walk-in cooler for dairy was completely out of milk, but they did have creamer.
In the freezer section I pulled a bag of hashbrowns out and a gentleman, probably in his 60’s leaned over and said, “I’ve never been so embarrassed to buy groceries. ” We both laughed and I said I’m glad they still have a few things that are on my list, and I’m really glad I don’t need toilet paper!” Apparently he felt safe telling me that he wasn’t a hoarder and assumed the same of me. 😃
By the time I got to the checkout it had calmed down and there was only one cart ahead of me in the line.Mary Ann Martin
What interesting exchanges can be heard in a grocery store!
By the way, did you notice my cute new store?
- Yes, after all that trouble of getting Captain Garrison on Amazon – which at least was successful in the end – I decided I really should have a way for people to purchase signed books from me.
- It’s very simple but serviceable I think.
- You can pay by PayPal or credit card or even by sending a check by mail.
- (I won’t send the package until the check arrives.)
- Check it out here.
- I’m hoping to do something fun for a Grand Opening shortly, but I don’t quite have all my ducks in a row yet.
- Or, maybe I’m still searching the classified ads for ducks. But I’ll do my best to offer something fun!