It’s amazing what a sunrise can do for the soul. Or a cup of coffee beside your computer. Or the fascinating pattern of the petals of a Gerber daisy. Or the prayers of your friends. Or the words of people who connect.
This is going to be short, but here is a list of good things from my week.
- New Morning Routine. Scripture with Marnell at 5:45. Leaving the house at 7 am and biking to a coffee shop to work on my next book for a few golden hours.
- Gerber Daisies from Marnell. It’s amazing how the intricacies of a flower can silence the flurrying of the mind.
- An afternoon of rain and thunder… I don’t know why listening to rain is so therapeutic. Does anyone?
- Pumpkins and gourds from my sister-in-law Doris. Putting them on the porch just made my life better!
- New Wednesday Routine. I figured out that I really need a day of no appointments. So my new rule for Wednesday is, “Go Nowhere by Car.”
- Coffee and splitting a Baker’s Nook apple dumpling with my favorite cousin Sara. We talked about life and how we never knew how complicated it would be to be an adult.
- Watching my “fourth sister” Kaitlyn getting married today. Even though I cried ridiculously during the service because I suddenly thought of the time that she and I plunged into a snowbank together, and the old, distant days when I lived in her house.
There has also been a slight reprieve of the drama in the house. No late night yelling matches or refusals to go to robotics class because it’s “boring”.
Keep us in your prayers. And, if you find yourself in a similar situation, try one of the things above.
Especially the apple dumpling! (Okay, I still ate too many desserts this week and I don’t recommend that. But the dumpling? Totally worth it!)